Saturday, January 16, 2010

Bear Grylls Clothes - Worth the Money?

If only there was a piece of clothing that could keep you comfortable in 80+ degree weather. Wouldn't it be great, if this mystical piece of clothing could keep you dry, too. Would it be too much to ask if these quick-drying, cooling clothes were easy to wash and care for, as well?

Actually, I was recently on a quest to find this fabled clothing and I found it in Bear Grylls' clothing brand. If you've ever seen his show you would understand his need for comfortable, quality clothing. On this show, he dives into rivers, treks through jungles and swims through frozen lakes - all in hopes that we learn a thing or two about survival.

Even if your every day life isn't as adventurous as his, you can still benefit from Bear Grylls clothes. As a trial, I purchased his short-sleeved Adventure Shirt. This urban survivalist was pretty surprised and thoroughly impressed. Like most Bear Grylls clothes, this shirt had plenty of useful features. I found a good amount of pocket space that can easily fit a wallet, keys and a cell phone. Also, braving the summer's sun is a breeze when wearing this breathable shirt. But, if you do break a sweat, the shirt lifts the moisture and keeps you dry. Pretty impressive, indeed.

I've found that Bear Grylls clothes can make anything from walking around in the Arizona desert heat to trekking the wilds of Northern Kenya a bit more comfortable for the average wearer. Along with that, I found that my Adventure Shirt is really sturdy and held up well after being washed and dried a many times.

Of course, everything isn't perfect. Even though I am practically in love with the Shirt, I can't really love the price. Just a quick look around the Bear Grylls clothes website, I can see that everything is a bit on the expensive side. However, the quality more than makes up for the price. I'd definitely buy another piece from the Bear Grylls collection I am looking at the survival pants next!

article by: Dave Slovenec

No comments:

Post a Comment