Monday, March 1, 2010

Bear Grylls Gear - Is it Quality Or All Hype?

Bear Grylls announced a new line of clothing that is based off of the gear that he wears in Man Vs. Wild. Bear Grylls pants have become a new iconic outdoor staple of clothing. In Man vs. Wild, Bear wears the brand Craghoppers. Craghoppers are a highly acclaimed British line of tested outdoor gear. The company got it start in the 60's and has seen the top of just about every mountain worth climbing including Mt. Everest.

Bear has teamed up with Craghoppers and now has his signature line of rugged and technical outdoor gear. I thought that Bear Grylls gear was a lot of hype until I picked his "survival pants." What can I say they are the real deal! They are a bit pricey at $97 bucks but are worth every penny. Realistically they are priced about the same as North Face or Mountain Hardware gear and in my opinion they are far superior to the pants that I own by those companies.

Bear Grylls Pants are light weight yet rugged and they have the perfect amount of pockets to keep all of your gear in. They have re-enforced knees, ankles and seat they also dry amazingly fast. The pants are rugged enough for any adventure yet they are truly light weight and are probably the most comfortable pants that I own. In addition to the pants Bear Grylls Gear line includes expedition shirts, outerwear and shorts. I have not purchased any of those Items yet but I plan to. As soon as I do I will write another review on those Items to give you some information before you purchase. If you are an outdoor enthusiast like I am this clothing line is a must have for traveling, camping, hiking, climbing, kayaking and any other outdoor adventure that you can think of!

You can check out the full line of Bear Grylls Gear through the below link. I have also posted some information on the knives that he uses in Man Vs. Wild because a lot of people have asked about those Items as well. Check out the Bear's Store through this link. Bear Grylls Store

by: Dave Slovenec

1 comment:

  1. May have used to be worth the money but no longer. DO NOT BUY THESE ITEMS THIS YEAR! They are not only more expensive but also are inferior in quality and atttributes. Below is some of the comments I sent Craghoppers.

    The Nosilife was the most important feature I wanted in these clothing items. As you know there are lots of choices out there for outdoor clothing and this brand is perhaps the hardest to find and get. Your shipping to the US is not cheap and since no retailers even carry this line I have to guess on fit. However that was all worth it when it had the Nosilife feature because I could also not find that anywhere. I was waiting on pins and needles for the new line to update thinking I could get the Trek shirt and the survivor pants, that was a $155 order! However now I will have to wait another year just to see if you update your products with the technology that should have been there anyways. Also you are charging $5 more now, the shirt was listed for $65 previously. So you are charging more now for what is an inferior product, that does not have the Nosilife, or the stretch feature, than you offered last year

    ReplyDelete